Agency aims to distribute 2,000 tonnes of local white rice monthly
THE Federal Agricultural Marketing Authority (Fama) has aimed to distribute 2,000 tonnes of local white rice nationwide every month.
Its chairman Aminuddin Zulkipli said the distribution would be carried out at 35 Fama operational centres, in addition to 416 Fama-guided entrepreneur outlets and through the Agro Madani Sales programme in 102 locations, as well as 726 selected sundry shops.
“To date … 132,160 10kg bags of local white rice worth RM3.37 million have been distributed nationwide.
“We managed to distribute almost 90% of local white rice across the country and it is subject to the available stock, and so far we do not have issues with the suppliers,” he said after officiating the “Go Cashless” programme at Mat Frozen Agrobazaar Rakyat in Kampung Padang Tembak in Teluk Intan, Perak, today.
Agriculture and Food Security Minister Mohamad Sabu said during a briefing in the Dewan Rakyat on Monday that Fama and the Farmers’ Organisation Authority (FAO) were directed to step up their distribution of local white rice.
He said since the retail sales margin for the item is only 50 sen per 10kg, the government would cover transport costs for Fama and FAO for distribution. – Bernama, October 13, 2023.
- AlteredPixel Digital Marketing Agency Shines Bright as Google's Premier Partner of the Year
- Destination acquires leisure and tourism marketing agency
- Avoid Digital Marketing Disasters In 2023: 8 Tips For Unbeatable Success
- Mod Op Acquires Web3 Marketing Agency CreativeDepartmint
- 5 Best Advertising Agency Stocks to Buy